Be sure to preheat your oven and prep your squash before you start on the veggies. This recipe is so easy and you can use any vegetables you have in left over in your fridge. This and stir fry and my go to's for veggies that are about turn south. I always chop everything before I start cooking, it makes the whole process so much easier I'm not as apt to burn the and it totally minimizes the mess.
1 Large Spaghetti Squash
3-4 Large Cloves Of Garlic
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1-2 Tablespoons of Fresh Basil or (2 Teaspoons Dried)
Salt and Pepper
4-6 Gloves of Garlic, crushed and minced
1/2 Yellow Onion, sliced
2 Cups of Organic Broccoli Stems, chopped
1 Zucchini, sliced and halved
1 Yellow Squash, sliced and halved
1 8oz Box of Mushrooms, sliced
1 25oz Jar of Organic Tomato Sauce ( I used Whole Foods 365 Italian Herb version for this recipe but you can use your favorite)
Nutritional yeast (optional)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1) Preheat the over to 400°.
2) Slice your squash in half with a large heavy chiefs knife. Then scrape out all the seeds.
3) Place both sides (insides facing you) on a baking sheet or in a baking dish. Season with salt, pepper, basil, garlic and olive oil. I would use about 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of basil per side depending on how big your squash it. Get you hands dirty and rub the mixture into the squash. Turn the squash over so the inside is facing down and place it in the oven.
4) While the spaghetti squash is cooking prep all your veggies.
5) Pre-heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat with 1- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable broth depending on how many veggies you have.
6) Add the onions and garlic first and cook for just for 2-3 minutes, until they become translucent.
7) Next, add the mushrooms and broccoli, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
8) Finally add the zucchini and yellow squash. Sauté everything for another 3 minutes stirring often, then add the sauce.
9) Cover the Primavera and allow it to cook until all the veggies are tender or the spaghetti squash is cook. Stir occasionally to make sure it is not sticking to the bottom of the pan*.
10) When the spaghetti squash is done, allow to cool and then using a fork scrape the spaghetti strands out of the shell into large bowl.
11) Top with the primavera sauce and season to taste.
*If you sauce does start to stick you add a little vegetable broth to thin it out and add some moisture back.